Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sisterly Love

A memorable short dream:

My sister, Sandy Thomas and I are the same age as we are now.  We are together but I have no idea where.  The only thing I can determine is that we are outside and we are sitting together.  At one point I'm braiding her hair, and I become aroused.  I'm so happy that I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.  I tell her that I love her to remind her that I do even if we haven't seen or spoken to each other in awhile (which is true).  We lay down and we are facing the same way and I'm behind her.  I grab onto her tight and give her a big hug.  She puts one of her hands on my arm as to accept the hug.  What I noticed up to this point in my dream is that sometimes I'd switch from one character to the other's point-of-view . . . kind of like I was one person playing both characters.  Sandy (that's my sis!) gave me a look like she was curious what I was so happy about and put on a huge smile because I was happy, so she was happy for me.  I let go of her, stood, and backed up to tell her the big news.  She got the notion and stood up too, awaiting my surprise.  I told her Jordan and I are pregnant and having a baby!  I was grinning excitedly, but my sister's demeanor had changed; she frowned and backed up further.  In my head I knew her response would be this way.  Should I ever get the break to expect differently?  No.
She took a minute to collect her thoughts and said in an undermining tone, "you are pregnant!?  Oh, Ang! You can't even take care of yourself, how are you going to raise a child?"
I cowardly answer back, "I don't know . . . I haven't thought that far yet."
"Oh my God, Angela!  You?  Really?"
I proceed to interrupt her, "Regardless, I'm happy, and you should genuinely be happy for me.  Jordan and I are responsible people, and it will all work out fine.  I need you most Sandy to be supportive and to hope for a healthy pregnancy.  This is going to happen whether or not you like it, but it would make me happy you can accept it, and be the aunt to this unborn child."

. . . and that was the end of my dream.  A little weird dreaming about pregnancy.  That was a scare, ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment