Translate

Friday, January 4, 2013

College Dorms

January 4, 2013

Last night I had a dream as if I was rooming with young lady students in dorms.  Perhaps this dream has to do a lot with the fact I'm starting classes in three days, but never have I dormed with anyone.  I remember the girl I was dorming with, and she didn't appear any older than twenty.  She was short, spunky and very laid back.  She had short blond hair in pigtails with a handkerchief bandanna on her head.  What stuck out to me in my dream about her is her putting laundry away in her dresser, her back towards me and I see her somewhat tattered clothes - blue mid-drift shirt with red shorts.  Then she lights up a cigarette, turns around and sits on her dresser.  She was cool - but being older than her I had the divine right to think she was over thinking how cool she thought she was, or fine, or whatever was rattling in that brain of hers.  But deep down I thought she was a hot cool chick, but didn't want to get sucked into the drama as if I was living in the past - a past I rather leave behind.  A next door girl with medium length straight brown hair came over - the two looked like they've known each other for awhile, probably back from high school.  I stayed my distance, sitting at the makeup desk, looking at myself through a mirror.  An image that is no more taunt or glowing like these two ladies.  They saw me and snickered about knowing what I was doing.  The brunette said something like, "Look at you!  You are one sorry girl!"  She was right, I felt like an old maid, and she fed on it.  The old maid trying to relive her youth - going back to school, dorming with kids and putting on makeup to look younger.  The brunette said more to expose my vulnerability to the subject, like she had an ulterior motive.  I remember grabbing my cat Abby and slowly walking out the door.  Everything was in slow motion - you know, like in movies when people are thinking as they are walking.  Abby was a delight to hold, I even had a baby sling for her.  All sorts of new college students were out and about conjugating outside their rooms watching me as I go by.  At one point I'm finally off campus, and rest on a drive near some storage units.  The last thing I remember is taking a sip of water from a plastic cup sitting there lonely with Abby.

No comments:

Post a Comment