Translate

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Mudslide




I was at school, either at a high school or college campus, as a teacher’s assistant or something.  I was walking out of an end of the day class and saw these four girls hip-hop dancing just outside the gym.  It must be a club because their shirts all had a name for the school they attend.  I stop dead in my tracks and start dancing – crunk, get low, booty shake, you know, all the old school hip-hop moves.  I couldn’t help myself.  It felt good to let loose like a young adult again, even though I felt a little off balance due to my age.  The girls look at me like I was crazy.
 
“Don’t worry, I’m a little rusty at my age,” I assure them.

The girls laugh at me.  “At your age?  What are you, like twelve,” one black girl sarcastically asks?

“Nooooo,” I say in a long tone.  “I’m 32.”  But what I really wanted to say is ‘you snarky bitches, respect your elders.’

The girls just giggle and say “okay” walking away gesturing with their hands not to bother as they go into the gym.

Jordan Supon, my fiancĂ©, picks me up in his truck just outside in the parking lot.  We head down the road and get to an intersection and take a right turn.  Without warning we see a mass flood just off to the right side of the road.  But somehow after screaming and pleading to go around it so we do not get swept up into it, Jordan didn’t do it and the wind gust pushes us right into it.  It was like a ride, but a life-threatening thrill ride on the muddy water.  It looks as though it was a mudslide that became so large because of the rainfall that it turned into a running river on the streets.  Jordan was steering the car like he had control – maybe a way to cope from the loss of control.  We almost hit a tree – steer left.  Then another tree – steer right, and it goes on and on for miles.  We are going fast.  I almost took a last ditch effort to jump into the running water to not suffer hitting a tree or get stuck in the vehicle under water, or worse with broken glass shattered throughout my body.  But I notice there are a lot of debris in the water too, rushing fast enough to impale a wet cold body floating in the water.  I decide to opt out of that plan and just continue on the ride for the inevitable – whatever that may be.

The river starts slowing down and we come to the end uninjured.  So much debris is piled up where it reached dry land.  The vehicle lands at what looks like a city hall.  I walk up the outside steps rather breathless.  I don’t know where Jordan disappeared to, but I continue on my walk further away from the stopping point.  I stop just outside in the shade by the pillars of the city hall to pull out my cell phone to call Jordan.  I see a man a few feet away that looks familiar sitting behind a foldout table outside.  It was Tod Mowery.  Exhausted, I approach him.  He was chipper than ever, which is his usual.  It almost looks as if he has no idea what was going on.

“Hi,” I say and pause for a quick breath.  “Do you know what’s going on?”

“I do,” he smiles!  “I was caught up in the fury waters and trapped in my car on my way here.”

“You were caught in it?  Me and Jordan, too!  That’s how I got here.”  I feel comforted knowing someone else had this happen right alongside of me.

“Yeah, thank God it dumped me off where I needed to be,” Tod says.  He is so positive and sees reasoning in everything.   I can’t believe he is actually working.  Nothing shakes that man!

“Do you need anything,” I ask?  Even though I really didn’t have much energy to do anything, so I was hoping if he needed something it wouldn’t make me walk far.

“I can really use a massage.  I kind of got beat up along the way and I’m very sore.”

“No problem,” I reply.  I was happy to do something like that.  Only my hands had to do the moving.  Plus I get to touch him in my dream, when any other time it would be inappropriate.  “Lay down onto the table on your left side”, I told him.  He takes off his shirt and lays on his left side facing away from me.

I start massaging him in a way I never would in waking life.  I was grabbing and pulling, like I was milking a cow or something, haha!  He acted like he liked it and told me I got the kinks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment